Car Care Services – Auto Repair Services
Confused About Car Care Services? Some Guidelines to Follow
Car care can be intimidating, often because people don’t know what to check on their vehicles – or when to check it – to keep them in good working condition.
A recent survey by the Car Care Council found that 38 percent of cars had low or dirty engine oil, more than 50 percent had low tire pressure and an alarming number of vehicles had not been properly maintained.
Being proactive about vehicle maintenance will not only keep your vehicle in good condition, but save you time and money as well. Here are some guidelines for what to check, and when, from the experts at Firestone Complete Auto Care:
* Every other fuel fill-up: engine oil and washer fluid.
* Every oil change: antifreeze, air filter and battery.
* Monthly: belts, brake fluid, hoses, power steering fluid, tire air pressure, tire tread depth and overall condition, and transmission fluid.
* Every six months: wiper blades.
* Annually: exhaust system.
* Replace when out or worn: lights, shock absorbers.
* Refer to vehicle owner’s manual: change oil, rotate tires.
Experts also recommend that drivers keep an emergency kit in their vehicles. This too can be confusing, as people don’t always know what to include in an emergency kit.
Here are a few items Firestone Complete Auto Care suggests you have to help prepare for unforeseen circumstances on the road:
* Jumper cables
* Flashlight and batteries
* Protective gloves
* Flares and matches
* Gallon of water
* Nonperishable food
* Portable air compressor
* Auto Club membership card
* In the winter months: a shovel, bag of kitty litter or sand and a blanket.
With a basic car care checklist to help keep your vehicle running well and a comprehensive vehicle emergency kit, you can drive with confidence knowing that you’ll be prepared for any “bump in the road.”
Contact the professionals at All-Out Diesel and Transmission (936)273-3977
Spring Texas Transmission Repair
Spring TX Transmission Repair
Spring TX Auto Repair
Spring Texas Auto Repair
Transmission Repair in Spring Texas
Transmission Repair in Spring TX
Transmission Repair Spring Texas